Monday, May 19, 2014

dansk 2

I went into Copenhagen for the first time today to start my Danish class. I was nervous about finding my way to school so I arrived about 100 years early, but that gave me time to wander around the neighborhood for a bit. The city has a lot of character and the area I was in had some nice little parks/gardens, which is my favorite thing. I'm excited to explore more. I love what I've seen so far.
I'm happy to start learning Danish. It's very isolating to be unable to understand people and I feel so needy asking people to speak English. But now I can count to twenty (kind of), recite the alphabet (again...kind of), and tell people my name and where I'm from and ask them the same (in theory). ALSO, the three-year-old I live with taught me the two most important words: is (ice cream) and slik (candy). My favorite Danish word so far is spansk (it means Spanish, but I just think of Spanx). Pronunciation is a trip, but present tense verb conjugation is amazing (the word doesn't change!).
In other news, musli has made a big comeback in my life.

 me looking like a hobbit in front of what looks like a hobbit house
(I think it's a 5000 year old house or something, but I'm not sure...it was my first day, everything is a blur)

pretty fields by my house

 Nyhavn near my school

No comments:

Post a Comment